Our community is in the midst of its first creative sector assessment for the Greater Green Bay area. The goal of Spark GGB! is to better harness arts and culture as a powerful asset to help advance community strategic priorities. Learn more about Spark GGB! below.
Town Halls have been announced! Your attendance and participation will be very beneficial as we move forward in our assessment. Please sign-up for the town hall that fits your role below:
The Spark GGB! Survey is now live. Your participation is much needed and greatly appreciated to move forward in our assessment. Both Spanish and English options available now.
Spark GGB! Creating Our Future is designed to ignite the potential for our creative sector to give Greater Green Bay more vitality and vibrancy. We are looking at what’s already happening (within the sector and across other sectors such as business, health, education, public), opportunities to make it better, and imagining a future with an even stronger creative Greater Green Bay.
The overarching goal of SPARK GGB! is to “better harness arts and culture as a powerful tool to help advance multiple community strategic priorities”.
The objectives outlined by BAACA and its partners were stated as:
- Develop a shared vision and vocabulary for the role of arts and culture in our community;
- Identify current arts and culture assets, recommending how to strengthen and sustain the sector;
- Build on existing community plans to highlight where the creative sector can act as an accelerator, or a strategy to accelerate;
- Develop recommendations for a funding structure to support the future of the arts.
This will be a deep and broad assessment designed to produce a set of findings, recommendations, priorities, and the basic architecture for the subsequent strategic planning process.
Main Activities of the Project
- Inventory and map all creative assets
- Gather secondary data from community and creative sector organizations, e.g. mission/vision statements, strategic plans, website information, background research, client/audience profiles, etc.
- Talk to core leaders from the following sectors: community, business, creative, funding, education to understand their perspectives
- Survey the community based on what is learned from core leader interviews
- Conduct town halls in the above sectors to discuss research and identify priorities for sustainability, inclusion and access
- Steering Committee retreat meeting to review all of the findings and outline priorities and recommendations
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org