3/25/23 Update: After concluding our assessment in December, we are working to launch the communications tour to share out the findings and next phases of work ahead of us. In the meantime, please feel free to dig into the executive summary here or full report here, both now available.
Spark GGB! Creating Our Future is designed to ignite the potential for our creative sector to give Greater Green Bay more vitality and vibrancy. We are looking at what’s already happening (within the sector and across other sectors such as business, health, education, public), opportunities to make it better, and imagining a future with an even stronger creative Greater Green Bay.
The overarching goal of SPARK GGB! is to “better harness arts and culture as a powerful tool to help advance multiple community strategic priorities”.
The objectives outlined by BAACA and its partners were stated as:
- Develop a shared vision and vocabulary for the role of arts and culture in our community;
- Identify current arts and culture assets, recommending how to strengthen and sustain the sector;
- Build on existing community plans to highlight where the creative sector can act as an accelerator, or a strategy to accelerate;
- Develop recommendations for a funding structure to support the future of the arts.
This will be a deep and broad assessment designed to produce a set of findings, recommendations, priorities, and the basic architecture for the subsequent strategic planning process.
Main Activities of the Project
- Inventory and map all creative assets
- Gather secondary data from community and creative sector organizations, e.g. mission/vision statements, strategic plans, website information, background research, client/audience profiles, etc.
- Talk to core leaders from the following sectors: community, business, creative, funding, education to understand their perspectives
- Survey the community based on what is learned from core leader interviews
- Conduct town halls in the above sectors to discuss research and identify priorities for sustainability, inclusion and access
- Steering Committee retreat meeting to review all of the findings and outline priorities and recommendations
For more information email: email@example.com